Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to leave a message after AA greeting plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

VPSG

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2011
US
Any help is appreciated! Thank you in advance!I have a BCM50 with a simple AA greeting that states everyone is busy, please call back later or leave a message. When the AA greeting is finished playing to the caller, there is no beep, no option to leave a VM. All you hear is silence for about 10 seconds and then the AA greeting plays again.Ideas?

Have you set up where you want the message to be recorded? The greeting should be pointed to a mailbox or a menu set up (press 1 to leave a message) Sounds like all you have is a greeting with no path, or a menu with no indication of what the caller has to do.

The greeting was working before the re-recording of the message yesterday (at least that's what the end user says). All I did was go into CP MGR, into Custom call routing, Change Tree 1, change the DAY GREETING, click on VOICE, type in the extension of the closest phone, hit DIAL, she picked up, hit Record to say the new greeting, then hit stop, then hit save.

The callers should not get any options to press 1,2,3, etc to get to an extension or different. They just want callers to leave a message in a general mailbox - but I cannot see where you tell the system what mailbox to send the callers to after they hear the greeting being played??

I appreciate your response!

So this is a "regular" mailbox, I thought you were refering to the Auto Attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back