Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to launch OFO wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

EBensen

MIS
Apr 1, 2003
US
I am building a new Win2k server and I am having problems getting the OFO wizard to run. The server has Win2k, sp 2, res kit and Symantec AV 8.0. I installed the Backup Exec 8.6 software with OFO and everything seems to go fine. I then tried to change my OFO settings and that is where things got odd. I went to tools-> Open File Option Wizard.. and I get the pop up to select the server and user authentication. I use the user that I created during the install and when I click Next it tells me Error connecting to media server. I logged in as the user account and was able to mod the registry and access the drives so it does not seem to be a permissions error. One thing it does ask for on the server select pop up is a domain. It defaults to the name of the server since the server is not part of a domain. I do not know if this is a problem. I can run backups now but I need to be able to change the OFO options. Any help would be great.

Is the OFO on a remote server or local? are you able to click on the 'select server' tab and go into network places to see your computer or the remote computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back