Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to LAN Interface w/ Call Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

clusterchuck

Programmer
Mar 27, 2003
US
I am able to connect and communicate w/ the 9 pin cord. But, when I try to connect through Internet Explorer I get messages like "do you want to work off line." I click on Yes but still can't get to the VM log on?? Any ideas of what's up???

need cross over cable for nic card and need to set ip address for cp and laptop

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

Thanks luv2ski. I just got back from Lake Tahoe. 3 days of great skiing there and one bad day at Sqaw Valley (rain in the morning).
Anyway, I have a crossover cable and set up the IP address of 192.168.110.10. Set this up to be a "Favorite" site. Did this because when I try to work offline and connect to the above address I get an error message saying that "I need to add 192.168.110.10 to my favorites and try again."

When you get the work offline response it means that Internet Explorer was unable to connect to your "home" page on the internet.

1. How are you connecting to the call pilot? You should be either using a crossover cable from your PC to the Call Pilot. or a standard cable from your pc to a hub/switch then a standard cable from hub/switch to the Call Pilot.

2. make sure that the address you are trying to connect to on the CP is the address on the Internet explorer address bar.

3. your computer's TCP/IP address should be within the same mask as the Call Pilot, ie: if the call pilot is still defaulted at 192.168.110.10 your PC should have an address of 192.168.110.11 to put it in the same mask

4. When you get the login screen only use the 4 digit passcode not the mailbox/passcode. you will be forced to change the passcode also.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

cluster
i am very jealous ..were the conditions good? been raining here in ny and its on a weekly cycle i have off every weds and thats when we get the rain.. try to go on saturdays and sundays too but conditions are nothing compared to last year

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

Very treatcherous at Skwa Valley. Icy all day. Conditions were great at Lake Tahoe. Really too bad about the conditions at Skwa because the mountain really looked great!

I had to change the IP address in the CallPilot to one that was in the numbering range of our network before I could talk to it. So Jerry is correct about using a compatible IP address.

You could try typing the following from a command prompt:
c:\>ping 192.168.110.10

If you're getting a response from the CallPilot it will return 4 sets of packets. Then you know you have a good connection to your PC.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back