Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Join the Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGA

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
We have a 6 Server
1) DNS, DHCP WINDOWS 2000
2) MAIL EXCHANGE 2000
3) APPLICATION WINDOWS 2000
4) WINDOWS 2000 SQL 2000
5) LINUX
6) WINDOWS 2000 Nortons Antivirus Server

All the above server are on a same IP segment.

I am unable to join on to a Windows 2000 AD domian from Windows 2000 pro Sp 4. I did manage to join the domain using IBM LAPTOP Windows XP Pro. With the Destop using Windows 2000 Pro I was getting the DNS error so I did put in the DNS IP address on network card properties but still I could not join the domain. I connected the same computer in a totally different network and I joined the domain straight away. What else could be the issue.

Do you get prompt for a login password when you try to join the domain?

Check if you get an ip assigned when your on that workstation. By your post it seem that you are using subnet. Did you verify if you have any free address i have seen this once trying to get a new workstation to the domain and i coudnt cause the computer didnt had any IP assigned and the DHCP was full i had to manually remove some of the IP that wherent used.

Thanks The is Solved. The problem was the cable. Intermittent Problem because I did connect once with laptop. Thanks Again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back