Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to invoke software installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMaster

Technical User
Sep 16, 2015
PK
Greetings,
I want to install software on cs1k rls 450w

Kindly help...what can be the issue.
Thanks

First of all you can't use a 1 gig PCMCIA card.
Up to a 128 Meg card is only accepted and the manufacturer should be SanDisk where possible.

For SSC processor cards, I think NTSK20AB is too old. You will need a newer SSC card. I recall that NTSK20HA was the minimum version that was compatible for use with release 04.50.

What size RAM do you have as I think you need a single 16 Meg rather than the original 8 Meg card on the SSC.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks for our reply,
I have 128MB card, programmed with cardpro9. Copied extracted files of software 4.5 ap-emea_450w_r20 to flash card. My SSC card is ntdk20ja, software daughter board is ntsk40as , 17. Inserted the pcmcia in slot A, reboot the system , pressed control_I but I got these messages ,,images are attached ..what can be the issue plz...

What is the manufacturer of your pcmcia/Compact Flash card?. I've had on many occasions found that some types aren't compatible or that they weren't formatted correctly using the card programmer tool.

What you can do is to format the card on an very old Windows operating system such as Windows 98 / 95 etc or from any non Windows computer such as Linux etc.

As the card is 128 Megs, then just copy the single *.exe file onto the card and run the extraction from it as there will be plenty of space.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

SanDisk obtained,
Software started successfully,,but keycode not validating..is there any issue with FEATURE SRT SELECTION according to ntsk40ac card..because the options does not shown for ntsk40ac in software package which I am installing.. I think I will need rls 4.5 software for ntsk40ac

Firebird do you have rls 4.5 software for ASIAPAC ntsk40ac or ntsk40ab ?

Yes I have all the software releases. Just follow my link.

Due to browser security changes, you might need to edit the link and use an FTP client such as Filezilla ftp client to access the files.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Thanks Firebird, I have checked the ftp link. There are 2 copies available for small system software release 450w, but unfortunately the Feature set for NTSK40AC and NTSK40AB is not available in the package.

There were only two versions released. Are you certain that it's release 04.50w ?. Did you have a Nortel sheet?

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Thanks for your reply,
Here is a screenshot from technical bulletin..
Screenshot_20231207-013923_Drive_lthwbh.jpg

Yes, I have tried it's all Feature sets but at the end facing issue keycode INVALIDATION, even I am having the keycodes with requisite available dongle

Is the system currently in use?

If so, then you can go into LD 143 from TTY 0 and key in UPGRADE

Go into the installation summary and print off the details

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

A screenshot from a capture when it was in working condition which software should I install to solve the keycodes issue..should I match and enter all pkg and license information for the keycodes Validation?

20231207_113615_wahumk.jpg

Have you got the official Nortel keycode sheet?.

If you haven't, then I'm guessing that you are only referring to screen shots from when it was working?. If so, then you will need a fair bit of details such as packages used and any AUX ID etc.

The details for the packages were already explained in LD 143 under UPGRADE.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Thanks Firebird..everything has done OK..The software is installed...
Just changed selection of FEATURE SET during software installation..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back