Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to install Visual Basic 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaylabear

Programmer
Oct 23, 2002
CA
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to install Visual Basic 6 onto another computer (I'm currently using it on a windows xp machine and am trying to install it on a windows 98 machine.) Every time I try to install it I get the same error message:

'Setup is unable to register VFP6R.DLL in the system registry.'

Now Visual basic runs properly except for the fact that I cannot open and use the Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0

I'm trying to recompile a program that I built on a windows xp machine onto a windows 98 machine and this program needs to use the Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0, but I am unable to open them as they are not registered.

Can anyone tell me how I might go about registering the VFP6R.DLL file so that I can open the Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 or can you tell me what I could use instead of the Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0

I find it odd as I'm using the exact same copy of Visual basic 6 on both machines but I only get this error on the windows 98 machine.

Any insight or ideas you have are GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS.

Um - VFP6R.DLL is on of the Visual Fox Pro runtime libraries. It is nothing at all to do with VB, so I'm not sure why you get this error message.

Alright then maybe that error message is unrelated.

Could you tell me why when I try to add the Windows Common Control 6.0 (On the windows 98 machine) I get the following error:

'Object Library Not Registered'

Thanks a Million.

Are you sure you have the same VS6 service packs applied on both machines. As a start I would re-apply sp5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back