Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UNABLE TO INSTALL EPO 3.0.1!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiffdutch

Technical User
Nov 4, 2003
GB
Hello People,

I am trying to install ePO 3.0.1 and when I get to the finish installation section I get an error

"Error API: DBInit.Exe
Troubleshooting code: 106

I have followed the solution on the Network Associates and suprise suprise it didnt work!!!!

Please, Please help!!! Boss is really starting to scream at me now!!!

What database option did you pick to install the ePo database on?

I was trying to set up ePo to put the database directly on an SQL Server 2000, and I was getting a similar problem.
You may want to try to run the MDSE, instead of trying to put it directly on an SQL server.

Hope that helps,

Sven

I am running it on MSDE. This is really starting to cause a few headaches now. I am responsible for deploying AV software to over 700 users so I really need to get this sorted asap.

Thanks for you help Sven, it is much appreciated.

Any other advice

Try unistalling it again, and remove the MSDE, make sure you check before installation if it is completely, gone, and stop all the services for the MSDE, and then try reinstalling it.
If that doesn't help, try calling McAfee /shrudder
Hope that helps,

Sven

if you are using terminal services go local

FatesWebb

if you do what I suggested it is not my fault...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back