Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to initialize Remote Agent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

clair

MIS
Mar 24, 2001
US
I'm using Backup Exec 8.5 on backup server and Exchange 2000 on mail server. The backup of Exchange used to work fine. But now I'm getting the error message "Unable to initialize Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000". I reinstalled the agent on the Exchange machine, I played with backup account permissions and service log on - nothing helps. Any idea about it will be really appreciated! Thank you

hmm...
1-Have you rebooted your system?
2-Have you installed the open files option in exchange server?

1-If you say no, reboot your system
2-If you say yes try to make backup without open files option.

Bye
franz

I had a similar problem connecting to our exchange 2000 server remotely!! What i found was that if you changed the log in account details on the backup exec services, then you have to delete the bewinui.uni file! First stop all the backup exec services then delete the file! Restart them, open the backup exec selection lists and navigate to the exchange server, you should re-establish the connection to the backup mailbox and hopefully it should work!!! Deleting that file will clear all account connections, so these have to be all re-established!!!

Thank you very much, the removing of the bewinui.uni file solved my problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back