Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to get Advanced client installed on primary site server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2000
US
I cannot get the SMS client to show as installed and assigned on my primary site server even though I can connect and manage the server from the SMS admin console. The console doesn't show a site code, that the client's installed, the client type, obsolete, or active status. I've checked the following logs:
clientlocation.log: no errors
ccmexec.log: EndpointMessage...: Will be discarded (0x80040213).
statusagent.log: no errors

I've uninstalled the client using ccmclean.exe and reinstalled to no avail. Am I missing something??

This is preventing me from installing the ITMU so any responses are appreciated.

Right click on the site server in one of the collections > Install Client > Next > Install SMS Client + Site Default >Check Always Install and Repair.

Make sure the firewall is disabled, or file and print sharing is enabled and not blocked on the firewall.

Does the "Systems Management" tool show in Control Panel?

If it does, click the Advanced Tab and "Discover" button, and you sohuld get a message saying that it is the same as currently assigned.

Click the actions tab, what options do you have. If you have them, highlight, then "Initiate Action" for Discovery Data Collection Cycle, Hardware Inventory, Machine Policy Retrieval and User Policy Retrieval.

In the admin console. Click on the All Systems Collection, right click and select All Tasks > Update Collection > check "Update Sub Collections" > OK > when the list refreshes, in the right hand side, where the systems are listed, right click in an empty space and select Refresh.

Hope this Helps.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

1. Right click on the site server in one of the collections > Install Client > Next > Install SMS Client + Site Default >Check Always Install and Repair.

I have Advanced Client set as my Client Type under Client Push so I selected that here and have plenty of times to no avail.

2. Make sure the firewall is disabled, or file and print sharing is enabled and not blocked on the firewall.

File and printer option enabled and firewall services are disabled.

3. The Systems Management icon appears in the CP and everything is showing as installed and working.

I check CCMExec.log and don't see ANY errors. Instead I see the following:

Completed phase 1 initialization. Service is now fully operational.

Notifying endpoint 'SrcUpdateMgr' of __InstanceModificationEvent settings change on object SMS_LocalMP=@ for user 'S-1-5-18'.
3. Does the "Systems Management" tool show in Control Panel?

Stumped~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back