Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Forward Unconditional to outside Cell numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedphones

Vendor
Oct 11, 2005
US
I have 2 sites that when they press the Forward Unconditional button on their phone it does not go out to their cells. I have populated the field in the forward tab, ticked it, saved it, unticked, it, merged it. When you call either of those extensions, it goes right to voicemail, but that option is not checked either on the forward tab. The button works, lights, etc. Just doesn't go out. I have it stored 91xxxyyyzzzz which is how we normally dial a number on the system.

For some reason, I think it has to do with the protocol on the PRI. The two sites have two different providers, BUT they were both Magix systems prior meaning that the PRI is set to 5E instead of NI2. I should schedule this change to NI2 with the provider, but am wondering if the fact they are both 5E is the issue? Should I try 4E? Any thoughts?

Thanks

what version is the IPO? I had issues with forwarding outside on old versions but to work around is to create a short code to dial out with the ARS in the line group.

Without a trace I would have to guess on either Inhibit Off-Switch Forward/Transfer is enabled under System->Telephony or you PRI provider doesn't allow you to pass on incoming CLI when forwarding to mobile.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I've had this issue before. Had to use Nsi in ARS to set the flags correct for cell carrier. Not sure that it'll fix your issue, but it fixed ours.

Check the system tab if your running newer version. Uncheck Inhibit Off-Switch Forward/Transfer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back