Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to format media - E3705

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbieVN

MIS
Dec 21, 2003
CA
Hi All,

I have tape drive HP DLT VS80 external. It works fine until yesterday, I can not erase/format tape, the message prompts " Tape is protected by Media Management". I have checked tape is already for formating and erasing (Write protect = No). Please help. The error code is 3750. Thank you in advance

Go into the database media view and delete this tape from then. Also install updates, link provided in your other post.

Dear David,

How can I see database media view ? I just see Database\Media records and try to delete the tape record but still have the problem. Please eplain more. Thank you very much

that is the right view, do you have any option enabled in arcserve to protect media in the past?

also witch version are you running?

Dear All,

I could format the tape now by disable driver in Windows Disk Management and let Arcserver control Tape drive independently.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back