Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to find Project on server. Unable to set server into correct de

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asirwadh

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2005
US
Unable to find Project on server. Unable to set server into correct debugging sate automatically. you may not be able to debug asp pages. Do you want to continue launching the debugger.

I am experience this problem in debugging ASP code in Visual Interdev.

My development system architucutre is like this.

I use COM Components for Business Logic.

ASP And HTML for display and processing.

I have Windows 2000 Server On which I have IIS setup and Also Visual Inter dev, VB.

My source code is in Visual Source safe repository on other machine, I connect to source safe while creating the project in visual Interdev in Local Mode and download the code in to my local system. ( I have Admin right on the source safe system as well as window 2000 server). I followed the below link to setup Visual Interdev to run for ASP pages in debug mode.

I did load all the necessary software and also given necessary permissions.

I have other system with the same environment which works well in debug mode having the same above setup, the only difference I see when I run the project in visual Interdev I get the message.

Unable to set server into correct debugging sate automatically. you may not be able to debug asp pages. Do you want to continue launching the debugger.

when I click ok, it runs fine and stops at break point,

But the system I am have problem display the following message

Unable to find Project on server. Unable to set server into correct debugging sate automatically. you may not be able to debug asp pages. Do you want to continue launching the debugger.

The only difference I see in both the messages is "Unable to find Project on server." And the control doesn’t stop at break point it just displays the login page with out stopping.

Appreciate in helping me in resolving this issue.

Are you connecting to a remote machine or attempting to run the code on your local machine? If running off your local machine, do you have everything set up correctly in IIS? Just a thought, but if it is not finding the project, that is the first place I might start looking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am not young enough to know everything."
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Hi

Thanks for the response.

I am attempting to run the code on my local system through Visual Interdev front end. Yah i have everything setup correctly in IIS. the Project is there on the local system. Please advise.

Have you reviewed this post from previously? thread117-730053

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Hmm... Let me go back and try and review this again this evening if I've some time and see if I can find anything else...

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Sorry for the delay. I've been reviewing your problem again and thinking about it. Then, a quick search on Google turned this up in MS KB.
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back