Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to find database oeinpr3.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimMc

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2000
CA
I am using Crystal 7 for an invoice form and editing one that came packaged with Accpac for Windows version 4.1. The file oeinpr3.dll is apparently a datapipe file that contains lots of information needed by the report. Unfortunately no matter what I do, I can't get Crystal to acknowledge that the file exists. Really, it does and it's not read-only and it's in the correct location.

Yes, both Crystal and Accpac are registered. However when installing Accpac 4.1, I did have some trouble with the licence files and their location. I'm running 3 version of Accpac and 2 versions of Crystal on the same computer, the 4.1 install is recent.

I don't mean are the programs registered.
I mean is the DLL registered on the PC.
Is it in the registry, or did someone just copy it onto the PC. Ken Hamady

Actually, with all the setup problems originally, it was copied onto the PC. How would I go about registering the dll?

This is called a datapipe file by ACCPAC. They were created to add speed to the generation of the invoice. I have been told that I would need a programmer to help me edit these. I have been able to add subreports to these invoices if more information is required but have only been able to run it through the ACCPAC program.

So if I actually print the invoice from O/E in Accpac it should work? But it won't work trying to print the invoice from Crystal?

Before I give you the command for registering a dll I should warn you that you are probably going to have problems running multiple versions of Crystal, if they are related to AccPac. If AccPac runs the reports then it may need a specific version of Crystal's runtime engine. These versions of the Runtime Engine don't always play nicely with each other. Have you confirmed with AccPac that you can run these versions on the same PC?

To register a dll you use Start-Run and enter a command like the following:

regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Report Designer Component\craxdrt.dll" Ken Hamady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back