Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to find any qualifying product

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssphoenix

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2001
US
This is by far the crapiest dat mcafee sent out yet. Nothing works. I've tried Mcafee 4.5.0 with 6162x.dat, 4.5.1 and 6162x.dat and latest engine 4140intel. Tried even the 4.0.2 with 6162x which apparently suppose to work based on mcafee's website. And of course nothing on their website other to be found on this.

Win95 osr2 on a dell laptop refuses to work with this new dat. Soon as I log in, mcafee shows Vshwin32 (Not Responding) and everything goes to s#%#.

My Company and I are working with McAfee to try and solve this issue. I'll try and post back here once a solution is found.

Which product are you trying to update? THat message will only come up if you're using VirusScan 4.02 or earlier. According to their tech support, 4.02 is already at end of support since it's almost 2 years old. 4.5 and 4.51 doesn't have this problem. Better get your facts straight.

Cheers,

AVChap

I did. But according to mcafee's website the lates dat should work with 4.02. In any case if you read slowly my post you will see that I do have 4.5.0 and 4.5.1. Non of them work properly. Apparently I am not the only one.

Did you get yours?

when I try to install the 4165xdat and 4165sdat i get the "unable to find any qualifyng product" advice, I have the McAfee Vshield version 4.0.2. I have updated my antivirus before and there were no problems.
I hope you can give me any solution thanks.

According to McAfee, they've changed the way the XDAT and SDAT recognizes the product to support. It will only support versions 4.03 and higher. The DAT files will still work on version 4.02 but not any of the updaters using SDAT technology (SDAT and XDAT files).

I would suggest that you upgrade to the latest version (4.5.1). In this way, you'd have about another 2 years before you get this same message :)

Cheers,

AVChap

Question:-
i would like to assign one server as centralise server to download updated Dat files from MCafee Ftpsite and push it to other server and workstation.

I tried to activate the option "save the update files for later usage", but it doesn't seems download the 4 major files (update.ini, delta.ini , xxxxxxx.upd and *.zip) to activate the Dat files.

Anybody know what other features on McAfee can download these 4 major files and store it to drive?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back