Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to find a valid repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXS

Technical User
May 23, 2003
DE
Hi,

here i am, again ...
The next problem with ePO 3.0.1:
I have updated from ePO 3.0 to 3.0.1, now, the clients can't update their dat-files. An error message occures "Unable to find a valid repository". The repository is the same as before (using ePO 3.0). What's wrong?

Please help, it's urgent ...

Best regards,
Alex

Did nobody reply to this thread or found a solution for this problem as i am expiriencing the same problem on a large installation.

Thx for the answers!
regards,

Tom

Tom Michiels
Uptime Technologies Consultant

Export the repository list, and import it into your client PCs.

How do you mean because when i try to update the clients manually, the client tries to contact the e-policy server but just jumps over it...

Tom Michiels
Uptime Technologies Consultant

You'll probably have to reinstall the agent with thee new sitelist.xml file. When you created or copied over the repositories, there should have been a file called sitelist.xml. The agent uses this to find the repository. Most 2k/xp computers don't have a problem but 9x cocmputers do.

There is a second file, which is called ServerSiteList.xml, I don't know what this does that the SiteList.xml file doesn't, but on machines where I have your problem, I always copy a "good" copy of those 2 files onto the problem PC, and they generally solve the problem after stopping and restarting the Framework Service.

epo 3.0.1 is installed in a different folder from epo 3.0 The new folder is
c:\program files\network associates\epo\3.0.1
as opposed to the previous
c:\program files\network associates\epo\3.0

The clients are probably looking for updates in the previous folder. I resolved the problem by sharing the

c:\program files\network associates\epo\3.0.1\db\software folder as update$ and asking the clients to retrieve there updates from there. The update$ folder is then replicated to all distributed repositories. I don't know if this is the correct procedure but it appears to have worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back