Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to export to excel with conditional suppress

Status
Not open for further replies.

VHDN

MIS
Nov 10, 2006
US
I'm sorry, I'm not sure this is the right forum for this kind of question. I'm using Crystal XI. In a group section, I use a formula to suppress unwanted values. When exporting it to excel, it stops and popups this formula. What is going on here? Thank you.

So are you saying that you are getting an error in the formula?

No, the report runs without error. Error when I try to export to excel. Thanks.

Is your suppression formula conditionally suppressing a group section Or is it a field suppression formula?

Also, please provide the suppression formula.

-LB

Data error. It fails when the filed is blank. I checked for null and missed blank. Thank you for your help!

You haven't answered my questions.

Also, is the error message coming from CR or from Excel?

-LB

I use a formula to suppress unwanted values.

I wouldn't agonize on having "unwanted values" exported. Excel can quite easily filter the values you don't want. If it is unwanted columns, it would be even easier. First of all, and I would assert of primary importance, do not open the exported file with Excel. Doing so can result in some of your data being changed in unwanted ways. Text extracts should ALWAYS be opened within Excel using Data > Get External Data> From Text Files... where YOU can specify the Data Type of each column.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back