Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Expand Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

vancleb

MIS
Jan 20, 2006
US
Need some help with Brightstor.
This is Brightstor/Arcserve r11.1 running on NetWare 6.5 SP5, Btrieve is version 8.5 and I have applied SP1 to Arcserve in an effort to resolve this but no help.

Problem: Wen Attempting to do a restore by session, I can see sthe session but can not expand that to see the folders and files in that session (or any session for that matter)

Action:
1. Merged the tape back into the database.
2. Rename the database subdir to database.1 and copied the emptydb subdirectory to database and scanned and merged the tape again.
3. Renamed the entire Arcserve subdirectory to Arcserve.1 and re-installed Arcserve with SP1, scanned and merged the tape again.
4. Recoverd the database from the last backup.

I have an incident open with CA but they are basically little if any help because it runs on NetWare and its a Microsoft world out there.
I have seen this problem before and starting with an empty database and merging the tape usually cured the problem but not this time. I also noted with some of our other servers at remote locations, files and folders can't be seen either so this isn't an isolated incident that only happens once, it is something with the configuration or the Brighstor Product itself.
Any help greatly appriciated.

I you can't expand sesion on "restore by sesion" option the problem is the database don't have session informatio or database are not healty.

To check database problem you can try to init database.

Steps:

1. cstop
2. clean temp folder
3. clean files r*.* in database folder (backup database first)
4. start
5. init databases, except job & tadedrv
6. merge the tape with session needed

Try it and tell me something...

n018737...
I don't know if we are discussing the same O/S here...
The configuration is Brightstor/Arcserver r11.1 (SP1) for NetWare, running on a NetWare 6.5 server.
There is no CSTOP command that I know of (I gave it a try but received an "Unknown Command").
Also the SYS:ARCSERVE\TEMP subdirectory is empty and there are no files in SYS:ARCSERVE\DATABASE subdirectory that begin with the letter R.
BOBV

The first reply in this post refers to windows - not NetWare - please see my reply in the ARCserve forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back