Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to expand or view anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITJames

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2008
US
I just created a XP VM on my mac using VMWare Fusion. I installed SMS 2003 Service Pack 3 admin console on it, so I did not have to use my 2nd PC anymore. After installing it connects fine, but I am unable to expand anything. I checked through some of the other threads, but none helped me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Never heard of a console on a MaC in any way.... that said, if you can connect but can't see anything, aside from you working on a mac, I'd have to guess your logon rights are not allowing you to see inside any of the items in the console.

Actually the console is installed in the XP VM image that is installed on my mac. The only problem with it being a login problem is I am able to use the admin console np problem with my old PC. Any other thoughts?

Anything in the event logs?

SimonD.

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

The new machine is part of the AD that you're trying to manage? Are you using the same credentials to log on to that workstation that you also log onto the old pc with? Are they local accounts or AD accounts?

SimonD.

They are both setup the exact same way. Both on the domain and both using my domain account. The only difference I can see is on is a VM and one isn't, but I didn't think that would matter.

It doesn't normally matter, I have a VM running an entire SCCM environment and that's running just fine.

SimonD.

I have also verified I am using the same version on the VM install as my old PC, which is Service Pack 3. Just figured I would give as much info as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back