Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable To expand Inbox folder???? :-( 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketlauncher

Programmer
Nov 11, 2000
US
Hi Everyone,

There is a user that has several folders under his inbox. Everything was working fine. But now suddenly he is unable to display the folders in his inox, when he clicks on the inbox folder or any of the folders inside of it, he gets the following message:

"Unable to Display Folder" or "Unable to expand folder

Hope someone has the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rocket

Have you check the permission settings on his subfolders?

Also, if you're using NT Password authentication he may have to logoff the network and then log back into Outlook...

RocketLauncher,

I ran across a similiar issue a couple years back. My resolution was: go to "organize folders" then "view unread messages". If the user attempted to use "organize folders" without understaning it, it may have caused this problem.

The fact that the same account had the same difficulty on multiple clients leads me to believe this user has a roaming profile. - Hope I've helped.

Hello,

I appreciate all the responses.

Our users do have NT password authentication, so we tried that and that didn't work. So I'll check the permissions on the subfolder and the organize folder options. I let you know what happens.

Thanks again guys. As I always say this is the best forum in the internet.

Regards,
Rocket

Is his mail delivered to his Mailbox on the Exchange Server or to a Personal Folder file (.pst) on his PC? There is a MS glitch with the .pst file getting too large... What version of Outlook?

Rocket,

Happened here several times. This is usually a corrupt pst file but I've also seen...believe it or not...TCP/IP causing the problem. If running SCANPST does not resolve the issue, remove and re-add TCP/IP.

That's all I got for now.

Pikk

Is that computer where the exchange mailbox client resides loging into a domain ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back