Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to empty deleted folder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcallister

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2002
Hello all, can anyone shed some light on a problems that just strated happening. Whenever anyone try to empty their deleted folder or move emails from one folder to the next, Outlook hangs. If you were to move them one by one, it works fine. We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Win2k. I have 45 mailboxes with the IS about 7.5GB in size.

Thanks in advance,
KMcAllister

It's an indication that your disks are spinning longer to queu up all the items to move or delete. Wait long enough and the job will be completed. promise.

I had a user that let it for well over 3 hours to empty her deleted folder and it never deleted any of the emails.

You might have store corruption. You could try a run of ISINTEG, but you'll need to take the store offline to do this.

Ok thank you I can do that later. I took the store down this morning and made a complete backup of it before deleting deleting all the mailbox that were not in use. So the database is now down to 4GB. Thanks again and will post my results.

KMcAllister

KMcAllister said:
I took the store down this morning and made a complete backup

So you're not using online backups? Online backups are A Good Thing: they recalculate the checksum on every single DB 4KB page every time they run, and alert you immediatley you have database corruption, so you can do something about it before the problem grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back