Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to dial out when phones have been failed over to Secondary Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspagano

Technical User
Jun 27, 2013
ZA
We have a Primary and Secondary Server in our environment. Secondary Server is set for resilience where all IP Phones, Hunt groups, and Voicemail is backed up on the Secondary server
The failover of phones to the secondary works fine, phones do register fine, the issue comes when we try to make outbound calls when phones are registered on the secondary server. Incoming calls work fine
How do you route outbound calls when phones have failed over to the secondary server.
I have a Sip Trunk configured on the secondary server that can be used for outbound calls

Could it be that a useable number isn't in the User SIP settings. I know with Gamma you have to have a number in there and if you have ISDN on the Primary, once they fail over they would be rejected when they dial out.

You need to have the same User rights templates on both systems
SO if you have one called local on the primary for calls
Then you also need one called local on the secondary as well.

The secondary needs this as your users are programmed to use this on the Primary
Therefore when it fails over it will still be looking for this

@snowman What COS template are you referring too

@Derfloh no all user rights are currently on Expansion Sytems not on the Secondary server, should I create all rights on the secondary server? should i use ARS to route calls thereafter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back