Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankins1984

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2002
GB
Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
MSEXCH:IMS:D&G Insulation Ltd:DGIHEREFORD:SAXO 0 (0012031A) Too Many Hops

can anyone help
Matthew Hankins

Network Technicain @ DGI Hereford

It's sounds like you may need to "Recalulate Routing" . You can find this on the properties of the MTA General Tab. I haven't had to do it myself so I would read up on it first. Hope this at least gets you pointed in the right direction.

This is probably either a DNS problem, or a misconfigured firewall or relay server. Something is causing mail you send out to be routed back in to Exchange, which sees it is not for your domain, so it routes it out, etc. Could be your firewall is configured to route all smtp mail to Exchange, for example.

What would i have to reconfigure / chane on my firewall to stop it routing all mail to the smtp connector, my firewwall is ISA

What do you mean by a DNS problem could you please explain in more detail please

thanx

Matthew Hankins

I have tryed "Recalulate Routing" and this has not fix the problem, so what is this about the firewall ??? Matthew Hankins

any idears people Matthew Hankins

Hi Matt. Please describe how mail flows from inside your network to the outside world (or vice versa). For example, is it Exchange Server - to Firewall - to DMZ smtp host - to outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back