Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to deliver due to communications failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhanley

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2004
US
I am running Exchange 5.5 with Service Pack 4 on Windows NT 4.0 and all of a sudden I am getting an error message when sending to a particular domain.

------------------------------------------------------------

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
Sent: 7/13/2004 9:11 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'n_hanley@comcast.net' on 7/13/2004 9:11 AM
Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= att;p=roofonline;l=DS9-040713141035Z-47080

-----------------------------------------------------------

I thought it might be a DNS error but when I do the nslookup -type=mx comcast.net everything seems fine. Any help would be apppreciated.

I do have sam problem as above but I could not solve problem.
Anybody can help us?

I found what is problem.
My sever ip address is listed on the spam list.
You better check it out spam database lookup.
If you find it, remove your ip from spam list.

I checked that a while ago and we are not listed on any spam databases unfortunately.

I checked my e-mail server ip address but it's not on the list. I have firewall and all network go out through the firewall. So I check out my firewall ip address then I found we are on the list. If you have any firewall, try that.

Thanks for the tip. I did check the firewall address and it was listed so I got it unlisted but I am still having the same problem.

I checked the lists this morning and we are gone but we still cannot email to comcast.net.

I had the same problem and it turned out to be our new Firewall.
Have you made any firewall changes as of late?

Yes, there was a couple of changes made to the firewall because we put in a spam firewall so I had to route the incoming email from the firewall to the spam firewall and then to the mail server. I did not think this would affect the outgoing mail but I will check it out though because I think this problem occured around that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back