Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to delete certain older email messages on BB7210

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaly

Technical User
May 3, 2001
US
We have a user with a BlackBerry 7210 who has about half a dozen emails from 10-31-03 that he is unable to delete individually or via the command to delete all prior messages.

Our BlackBerry administrator is out of the office for several days. As far as I know, we are running the current enterprise release. I do not believe any upgrades, etc. were performed on 10-31-03.

Any suggestions?

Well, in this case just wipe out the whole unit and start again . Set to factory default.

Does he get any error messages? Have you tried doing a hard reset, then deleting them?

Steve

I have the same problem on Blackberry 6230 integrating with Lotus Notes. All three of my users indicate that they did some filing of messages to the trash folder (not sure if the filing was done in the mail client or the handheld) prior to the issue occuring. We integrate with Lotus Notes mail client. There are no errors. When this first occurred, I simply wiped the device's mail but I now believe a certain sequence of events causes this issue since I now have 3 users reporting the issue. The messages appear on the handheld as being filed (they have a folder next to them).

Our system administrator spent some time on the phone with BlackBerry support when he returned to the office. It turned out that the OS on the handheld was corrupt. According to him, he used the add-on feature to reinstall the OS on the handheld and all is now well.

Thank you to everyone for replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back