Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to cut & paste on Desktop or anywhere 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGA

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
I am unable to cut & paste anywhere.Moreover when I go to control panel all the Icons are permanently shifted to the left side. I have scanned with the latest definition and couldnt find any trace of virus. All files are updated with service pack 4. I had the above incidence happened with me once in a different computer in and I reinstalled and everything was fine.

You probably have the blaster worm on your pc. Try scanning your pc for viruses.

It has to be the blaster worm. Make sure you run the worm removal utility offered by trend or mcaffee or norton. This should resolve the prob.

But why Nortons did not pick up the Blaster Worm with the a Definition file dated 6/10/03. I scanned the computer and did not find any virus or worm.

Norton doesnt picks up mate...u hav to download msblaster removal tool which u can get it frm symantec website.
Go to google and on search box type Msblast removal symantec..u can find the solution.

Hi AGA!
I've gotten since yesterday the exact same problem as yourself.I hope you can tell me if you have resolved it?
I've win2000 and i've tried EVERYTHING i can think off - i ran service bpack 4 again, I got the latest msblast removel tool from the net today and it has not found a virus.I hope you can help! Its a nasty problem because if it were any other type of malfunction you could just copy all files and do a clean install, but i cannot copy/paste! I'm runnin win2000 on a laptop.

Are these RD sessions?

If not, re-register some .DLLs:

Start, Run, CMD

regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Msjava.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Browseui.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll

thanks for your quick reply.
I don't know what rd sessions are sorry.
When i get into dos will i just try typing each of those files?

RD == Remote Desktop

There are special considerations for copy/paste in a remote session setting.

Yes, please Start, Run, CMD an enter each line one by one.

hi, i entered each one and regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
did not respond - do you know what thst means?

Ignore any errors. Just be sure you typed them correctly.

Hi, I'm having this problem on a windows 95 laptop, it lets me copy files but will not let me paste them on to my novell server to back them up. I just need to back up the users files before rebuilding the laptop as it was failing anyway. Could the blast virus be affecting this? We have W2k machines on the same network...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back