Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to control click table of contents 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdjb

Technical User
Oct 29, 2002
US
Hello,
I'm using XP pro and Word 2003, I've created a table of contents, but when I try to control click to follow a link, I get a popup that states "The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" Does anyone have an idea as to where to turn off this restriction? My macro security level is set to medium.

Thanks

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Bob

Don't have 2003. Anne, are you telling me that a hyperlink WITHIN Word (as I am assuming this is, a hyperlink in the ToC to another location IN THE DOCUMENT) will not work because of IE settings?????

Gerry

I do believe, yes, Gerry. Actually, I think it started to occur when I updated to WinXP SP2, tho right now I can't find the dern setting. I could be wrong tho. Didn't find diddly at MS. Would love to see the doc if you care to send it, Bob. Just send to anne@ the website in my sig.

Hi Dreamboat and Lilliabeth,
Amazingly enough, it is an Internet Explorer setting that effects TOC in Word. I followed the instructions in the link supplied by Lilliabeth, and it fixed the problem. Gotta love Microsoft! Two unrelated programs messing with each other.

A star to both of you for the help!

Thanks again

Bob

Unrelated?
What do you think all the hub-bub was about, Bob? :)
One of the things the powers that be were P'd off at Bill Gates was the "forced" use of Internet Explorer...

:)
Thanks very much for the star!

OK, I should have said "seemingly" unrelated :')

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back