Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to connect to the server: CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harsha14

Programmer
Oct 28, 2015
US
Hello Everyone,

I am migrating reports from Crystal 9 to Crystal 2013 version. After migrating I need to test it through a Java application. When I test them some reports work fine while the others give me this error message.

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.ManagedRASException: Cannot open report document. --- Unable to connect to the server: CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer.
cause:com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKServerException: Unable to connect to the server: CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer.---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed
detail: Unable to connect to the server: .CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer.

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.RASReportAppFactory.a(Unknown Source)
at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.RASReportAppFactory.a(Unknown Source)
at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.RASReportAppFactory.openDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.RASReportAppFactory.openDocument(Unknown Source)
at jsp_servlet.__viewreport.getReportClientDocument(__viewreport.java:254)
at jsp_servlet.__viewreport._jspService(__viewreport.java:710)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
at weblogic.servlet

and so on

(Note: All the migrated reports work fine on my machine)Also checked the server connection and it is running properly.

Could some one please help me with this?

Thank you,
Harsha

Did you also upgrade the SDK after upgrading the reports? If you're on an older version of the SDK and the report uses any new features, that might cause this problem.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

I need check regarding the versions. If I am on an older version of SDK is it possible that some of the reports work and the others throw this exception.

SDK is also upgraded. Could there be any other reason as to why some migrated reports are working fine and why some reports are not working?

This issue is not resolved yet. Could someone please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back