Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UNABLE TO CONNECT TO MY WEB SITE FROM WITHIN MY DOMAIN !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyichux

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2003
US
Hello Everyone,

I have a domain with dns and exchange server within my domain. Am running Win2k Server. I set of my domain controller with the same name as my Internet Domain name

My web site is been hosted outside of my domain along with my temporary Internet mail exchanger.

My problem is, am not able to get to either of web site or my mail site from within my domain but I can from outside my domain.

Please could anyone give me infor about how to resolve this issue

Thanks,

Anyichux

can you get to it by using the ip address? Do you have an internal and an external IP address. From internal you should be able to get to the Web server by using the ip address in place of the

this may help. quoted from
Why our web site doesn't work internally

Q: Everyone can access our web site on the Internet. But no one can access the web site internally. Instead, we are point to our Intranet.

A: If you network domain name is the same of your web site name, you should point the web to the web public IP. To do this, open DNS manager and create a host. for example ip.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows, Network, Internet, VPN, Routing and How to at

Thanks Guys,

Am able to get to the website now but still unable to go beyond the home page and can't still get to the any ideas please.

Regards,

anyichux

Did you add the in your DNS server? You'll have to do the same thing for mail as well.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

I triedm to add the host for mail but it wasnt giving me any option for entering ip address, what am I doing wrong?

anyichux

You do it the same way you did it for www.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back