Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to connect to Citrix URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

biaya

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
GB
Wonder if you can help.
We have a remote office with 4 users who connect to the Citrix Server. Since the beginning of last week 2 users have been unable to connect and this coincides with 2 events: Our DC was changed from NT4 to W2000 and they had a new leaseline installed. Prior to this all 4 users were able to connect.
Since then only 2 of the users can connect. We have reinstalled Citrix ICA Client on the PCs and removed all old entries from the registry. Now when they try to connect they get an error message of network or dial up problems are causing erros in communication to the citrix server. When I go to the Citrix Server and check the event viewer it has a 1004 licence error message "unable to issue a client licence" or words to that effect. Hunted this site, and Citrix site and it would seem that this is a licensing issue. When I check the licencing in Admin Tools on the Citrix Server it says that we have unlimited licences for Windows 2000. Where am I going wrong? And why can some people connect but not others.
If anyone could help me URGENTLy I'd really really appreciate it.
Thanks. Caroline

hi Caroline,

Have you a Terminal Services License Server ?

Do you see your clients name in the license tree
(Temporary or not ) ?

Do you see duplicated client name in it

Have you installed hot fix Q287687 (Microsoft)
on Metaframe Server an machine with License Server ?

The registry on client are
HKLM\Software\Microsift\MSLicensing\Store\License00x ?

The Windows 2000 License (Windows 2000 CAL) are
different from TS Cal

From how many days have you activated Terminal Server
on your server ?

bye

Hi

1. Yes I believe so because we were all able to connect up to 2 weeks ago.

2. The only name in the Licence Tree is our DC name, and on the right of that it says Windows 2000 Server LIcence (built-in unlimited).

3. No

4. Not sure if the hotfix was installed previously but I haven['t done it. What does this fix?

5. Not sure about the registry as the person I need to speak to has gone out for lunch. Wil check with her when she returns. My client machine has 000 and 001 - should hers match>
6. It was activated last week.

Any more urgent help greatly apprecaited as I have management on my case to get this fixed today.

Thanks very much.

hi,

Terminal Server (the services of Microsoft installed on the Citrix server) will go for 90 days without a Terminal
Server License Server; probably you have not still bought
license pack for TS (this is necessary only for client
that are not W2K or XP-pro : W9X, WNT, Unix, ThinClient
will need a TSCAL for each 1 after 90 days from setup of TS)

If you intend continue with Citrix, next month install
Terminal Services Licensing Server on your Act.Dir. DC,
and buy 1 TS Cal for each client non 2k or xp.

For the fix see :

download the fix for your language and install it on Citrix server. (remeber to install it also on DC after install
Terminal Services License Server);

If the clients that don't connect have the registry key

HKLM\Software\Microsift\MSLicensing\Store\License00x

remove all the keys License00x

and restart clients .

bye

Thanks for all your help. Went into registry and deleted the licence entry - and they can now all connect! Brilliant stuff - thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back