Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to change Title (locked by template)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slappy133

Technical User
Oct 8, 2008
AU
Hi there,
Just learning the use of templates within Dreamweaver, but come to a hurdle. I have created a template so that only one small area of my page is editable. I have applied this template across the various pages. I want to change the title of each page, but because of the template, it wont allow me to do this. When I try to edit the template, I can remove the title, but this still doesnt allow me to change titles in the pages associated with this template. What stupid thing am I doing wrong??
Kind regards
Todd

You need to create an editable region in your table, around the title.

Think of editable regions, as areas of your site that will change across your pages.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Hi Vacunita, Thanks for reply. Im referring to the document title field.. not a heading. The rest of my page is workigng great through the editable regions.. but I cannot change the 'title' (part of the page properties). Hope that makes sense?

I'm only trying via the design tab.. not sure if there is a work around through the actual html code to exclude a sectin from template?

Cheers
Todd

You still need to add an editable region. Though you'll have to do it form code view.

Open your template, select code view, and go to the top of the page and look for the <title></title> tags there. Then Using the Insert Menu add an editable region there.

Save your DWT file and have it apply to all your pages. You should then be able to alter title on a per page basis.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Thanks so much for the solution! Appreciate it greatly :)
\
Kind regards,
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back