Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Browse My Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGA

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
I am unable to browse my website. I can ping my IP address and It resolves to a right IP address. I can recieve email in exchange 2000 I can send email out but I am unable to browse my website. Is there anything that has to be done on router.

You don't say if you are trying to access the web site for intranet or Internet use.

If you are trying to gain access from the Internet, then you would need to open up port 80 on your firewall. If you use SSL then you also need to open up port 443.

On the intranet side of things, you should not need to open up any ports on your router or firewall. Take a look to see how you are trying to access the site. Verify that your start page appears in the Documents tab of the web site properties.

If you are getting any errors then post them along with more details so we have more to work with here.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

I am trying to browse an internet web site. I have 2 server with 2 different router 1 is Windows SBS 2000 with Bullion Router Second one is Windows SBS 2000 with Netcomm 5580W wireless router. On a Windows 2000 SBS with Netcomm router it doesnt make any difference whether or not I open the port 80 I can still browse the web site, but with the bullion router I did open the port 80 and still I cant browse the web site. I am really frustrated with this. Thanks

You may need to run ICW on that server to have it reconfigure the RRAS.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks the problem is solved. I open the port 80 on the router and I am able to browse successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back