Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to browse dimension. Unknown error

Status
Not open for further replies.

borg2002

Programmer
Aug 7, 2002
US
Hello,

After installing SQL Server Enterprise edition locally, I created two dimensions. (during the creation I already noticed that I could not preview the data)
Afterwards, when trying to view the data in each dimension I get the following error :

Unable to browse the dimension 'Period'.
Unspecified error

Can someone help me out on this one?

Thanks
Borg

Can you browse cube (heh, kewl alias) containing these dimensions? And do you have SP3's installed?

------
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Nope, I can't browse the cube either.
No SP3 installed, only SP2 with all possible hotfixes.

Thx
Borg

I remeber analysis services had similar problems - unable to browse (unspecified error) while cube/dimension should be available - caused by different versions of some DLLs. Maybe this is wrong trail but doesn't hurt to google for it.

------

Do you remember which dll's were involved?

I will search google for it as well in the meantime...

Thx
Borg

I think MSOLAP*.DLL.

------

I have installed SP3a for SQL Server and afterwards SP3a for analysis services as well. This will re-install the MSOLAP drivers.

Everything is running smoothly now.

Thanks for helping me out V.

Borg

Borg,

Since Vongrunt was such a big help, you ought to consider awarding him a star.

How do you do that? On the bottom left of the post that was most helpful, find the "Thank vongrunt for this valuable post!". Click on that and follow the directions.

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back