Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to browse data in cubes 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajitt

Technical User
Oct 6, 2003
IN
i am running mssql analysis server on a windows 2000 platform. I am able to process data in cubes, but cannot browse the data (error displayed: unspecified error). this error is common for all cubes i have generated (including teh sample cubes available for the foodmart database)

also while tyring to run the MDX sapmple application i am unable to connect to the provider. I am running mssqlserver olap service also.

Have you applied the latest service pack for Analysis Services? This may remedy your situation!

Thanks

J. Kusch

thanks a lot , i applied the latest service pack for analysis server and it worked :).

regards
Ajit

I had exactly the same problem, however I solved it myself. It's good to know that it isn't just me that got caught with this problem :)

Hi i am having the same problem i have downloaded the latest service pak(spk2k3) and applied it but to no avail. What folder should it be intsalled to?? or how is the patch actually applied?? I am actually trying the foodmart database example

update microsoft sql 2000 service pack 3a for ananlysis service

sql2kasp3.exe

Hope this will solve your problem

Good day,

I have applied the service pack a long time ago already however, I stil get the following error "Unable to connect to data". Does anyone have any suggestions as far as this is concerned. :) Thanks

Would anyone be able to say if the fact that, my users are running Windows NT and Office 97, is the cause for them not being able to see the Pivot Tables ? Thanks :)

I am running Windows XP Pro and Office 2003, have applied the service pack, re-processed the cubes and nothing, same error "Unable to browse the cube".

Hi Bufsabres,

I am having some successes with the Windows 2000 and Office 2000 users but not with my NT users. I would like to remind you to add the site as a trusted site. That solved my problems on the Windows 2000 users. Let me know what's happening, :)

Do you mean add a trusted site to my Internet Explorer's security tab? And which site is that?

Yes, that is correct, if you are browsing your cubes on the web then, I would suggest that you add the site from which you view it as a trusted site in IE on the security tab under Tools -> Internet Options. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back