Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to backup nsf files - backup exec 10 ??!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2005
NO
I have installed backup exec 10 incl. af lotus domino agent.

I can take backup of all kind of files, but everytime I choose a nsf file it is simply not on the tape ?

What to do ?

You should see a Lotus Domino Agent Icon - you need to select the file thru the agent Icon and not thru the file system - due to active file exclusion.

There is a icon with "Lotus Domino Databases" - where I can look for databases. If I look in the D:\notes\data where the mail files are placed nothing is comming up.

The only way I can see the files is by viewing them as file

Are you looking in the restore selection where you not seeing the nsf file in D:\notes\data? but see them in the Lotus Icon?

No backup is being made of the mail files, so I am unable to see them in restore as they are not on the tape

When I choose the files for the backup job I can not see any databases under "Lotus Domino Databases"

I can only see the nsf files when I under "local selection" look under d:\notes\data

Then there is something wrong with the Domino Agent. You wont see the nsf file in restore selected becuase backup Exec has active file exlusion when it come to SQL , EXCHANGE, ORACLE, and NOTES. Veritas knows the files are open so it wont attempt to back them up, you need the agent.
I would start looking as to why the Domino Agent is not showing the files. Are you running a Notes version that is supported in Backup Exec 10?

I am running 6.5.1.

When I have to make the backup job I somehow have to select the folder with the *.nsf files. - But it seems wired I can not see any databases when I browse for them,.

Is the domino Agent a windows service that has to be started ? - What is the name of this service.

Its just the Backup Exec windows remote agent - thats the domino agent in 10. Make sure you on Backup Exec 10.0 5524 with SP1 and re-push the Windows Agent to the domino server.

I have installed SP1 and hotfix 17 ? - But if I look at the "about" there is only standing "5484

It`s working!!

Notes.ini has to be placed in c:\windows - Veritas can not figure out if you install it else where!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back