Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to add VoipLogger into NIM SMB 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

carloscisneros

Technical User
Nov 10, 2014
SV
thread911-1700515

Hi all. I have the same issue. I try to add the VoIPLogger. I have the IP Capture and VoIPLogger services running OK. I'm installing NIM 4.1 SMB, so the VoIPLogger Server is the same Perform Server.

Help! and thank you.

The screen says "Logger is not responding".

Any idea?

Thanks,

Hi Guys,

Check if the following ports are listening in the server where the Logger is running:

TCP 2001/2011
UDP 2000

If not you have an issue the logger!

And if there are, check that these ports are reachable from the application server (if different server).

Regards
Hil

Thanks you Hilal. I have tested those ports and are currently close. Do you know how can open it?

I have tried to open those ports through Windows Firewall but i try to test it on Telnet but continue closes. I tried with stopping Windows Firewall service too.

It's been a few days with no response, I'm hoping you are still not stuck on this issue, in case here are a few ideas:

I doubt this is a firewall issue considering the logger is on the same server. It sounds like the logger is not starting to a point that you can add it to Sys Admin.

Have you configured your IP Capture cards using D:\NTLogger\VoIPCapture\Bin\IPCaptureSetupTool? You must have 1 dedicated card to audio capture for passive recording.

Check your log files under c:\ProgramData\NiceSystems\, start with the IPCapture and Logger directories and search for 'ERROR'

Some days I do my job, other days it feels like I'm doing everyone elses job, other days I should have stayed at home and mowed the lawns.

Yes, the IP Capture is working fine. I configured the second NIC as sniffer.

Is it still failing? When you deployed the logger did you correctly choose the correct config file in NDM? Are there any errors in the logger log file?

Some days I do my job, other days it feels like I'm doing everyone elses job, other days I should have stayed at home and mowed the lawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back