Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to add mscomct2.ocx to VB 6 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelgeoghegan

Programmer
Jan 3, 2002
IE
Hi there,

I am having problems trying to use the datetimepicker control. I am attempting to add a reference to the active x file MSCOMCT2.OCX (MS Windows Common Controls 2 6.0 SP3) which should enable me to access the dateTimePicker control. Each time I try to apply this change I get a message saying the name conflicts with an existing module, project or object library & the reference is not added. It looks like there is a reference to it already however this is not reflected in the list of exsiting references. The same thing happens if I try to add through components.

I have searched extensively for a solution to this problem so any ideas would be greatly appreciated !!!!

Sorry to ask you, but did you check in components instead of references. You add ocx's there usually. You may have it already there, may be another version.

Yes, The same problem occurs when I try to add it in components & it does not show up as already existing.

Have you checked that the MSCOMCT2.OCX file is actually on your machine? If yes then try a re-install of that file in case it's corrupt

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Yes, it is on my machine & it is not corrupt. The strange thing is if I open up a new vb project there is no problem adding this component. The thing is I am working on a large project & do not fancy having to start a new one up & add everything else in. I have had a similar problem before when trying to use the calandar control & what I ended up doing is starting up a new project. This makes no sense whatsoever, it must be a microsoft bug.

Hi rachelgeoghegan,

This control on my machine shows SP4, try some Service Packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back