Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to add a remote IPSI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

csrgzz

Technical User
Nov 2, 2006
US
I am unable to add a new remote G650 port network

I configure ipsi with ip add 172.16.12.12 for 4a and 172.16.12.13 for 4b subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway 172.16.12.1 which is the router

when I do a list ipserv get serv state out and state of health 0.1.1.0

already check cables, change cables, change it to a different switch on the network, check system param dupl and is set to Y and I dont know what else to check

I think the problem is in the network, I am able to ping the server from the ipsi and the ipsi from the server

I have phones on the same lan connecting remotely and they work fine

the connection between buildings is a WAN Ipsec tunnel behind firewalls
is there a specific port or configuration that needs to be done for IPSI connections?

IPSI
The following is a list of IPSI "listening" ports and their corresponding ports on the S8700.

S8700 IPSI tcp/udp comment
any 5010 tcp main control socket between PCD and SIM
any 5011 tcp ipsiversion queries
any 5012 tcp serial number queries
any 123 udp ntp
123 any udp ntp
any 23 tcp telnet - for configuration after enable.
any 21 ftp Download of firmware
any 20 ftp-data Download of firmware
3166? 1956 tcp command server (download, etc.)
any any icmp echo replies
any 2312 tcp Used by development only for telnet shell access for debugging. Can be blocked by a firewall.

and what about cisco configurations that needs to be done, any Idea?

Is this an S8500 Multivantage Express?
If so, leave it alone for half an hour, go and have a cup of tea and a fag.
It seems to take them some time to sort themselves out after IPSI changes.

Speak softly and carry a big switch

Now, now Nick ;-)

For those of you not in the know.

Fag - Probably the most famous troublesome word for Brits in the USA. I even fell for it myself when I visited my first US supermarket aged 16 and asked how much the fags were. The lady gave me a horrible stare and pretended not to hear me. Little did she know I thought I had found a business opportunity to make money on cigarettes. Fags are expensive here!

Whoops!
Sorry all, "go and have a cup of tea and a cigarette"

Who said we were two nations divided by a common language?

Speak softly and carry a big switch

I personally would check the TDM terminators on the back plane are not loose or are even present

do you have the IPSI adaptor at the back and the ehternet cable connected to the front. If so, remove the adaptor or connect the ethernet cable to the adaptor

Did you add a static route under configure server in the maintenance webpage of the server?

Already check the TDM cable, everything fine

I dont have a static route under configure server in the maintenance webpage

and I have the ipsi adaptor in the back and the ethernet is connected to it
I can ping the server, I can ping the gateway

on port network A the ETR led is red
already check QOS settings and still same problem

I would bet the problem is that you need to add a static route. You have multiple NIC's in that 87xx or 85xx. You have an on board if you are running a 87xx platform this would be the NIC that carries the Active server address that is shared between the servers. It is also for file sync with 8300 LSP and admin. Then you have a four port NIC that is on a PCI card. One is for IPSI control A the other is for IPSI control B. There is also one for the cross over that goes between an 87xx pair. What you need to do is create a static route that tells the server to use the NIC for IPSI control A to talk to the IP of the IPSI on your remote network. You don't need this with local IPSI's because it knows to use what ever NIC is in the same subnet with IPSI. Email me the IP's for you IPSI and your default gateway address (router address) and if you are IPSI duplicated or not and I will respond with the seetings for you to use.

If you do need to add a static route you will also most likely have to turn on control network C. Use the command "cnc on" at bash to enable it.

Me

I dont know how to add a static route is that on the web interface or on SAT

Email me the info I was asking for and I will email you detailed instructions.

I think the port 5010 is blocked in the network, thats the one the server uses to connect to the Ipsi, already added the static routes and I am still having the same problem

Ok, port is not blocked and routing is setup, traffic to remote media gateway is thru control network a

Something simple... All IPSI's shold be configured at autonegotiate disable, full duplex and 100MB. The IPSI will have trouble actually communicating with the CM if the network side is not the same. Ping will pass both ways but it will not establish a link. Maybe this is to obvious, but I was burned on this one.

**The question may not be the technology, but the competency of the support people.**

yeah it is autonegotiaton disable and full duplex

ok.. is your ip address control network on customer lan.

Try this. on the shell command of noth the servers,

type "cnc on

cnc on is not supported by the version he have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back