Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Acquire Voice Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

phlegmer

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2005
US
Systems: SCCS 5, Callpilot 3, PBX 61C

We have only been using GIVE IVR in the past and would like to setup Access Ports so we can use the featureful OPEN VOICE SESSION in our scripts. I've been using the "Symposium, M1/Succession 1000, and Voice Processing Guide (297-2183-909)" to assist in getting this to work. Here is what I've done:

- Callpilot
- Converted 5 standard voice channels into ACCESS Channels using the configuration wizard
- Assigned Class ID's for each (1-5)
- Created SDN on CP (4001)
- Rebooted CP
- PBX
- Created a new ACD (4001) per the instructions for the ACCESS Channels
- Modified the already created TN's that were standard voice ports for ACCESS Channels (per the instructions [p86])
- SCCS
- Created and acquired new IVR ACCESS Channel ACD (4001)
- Created new Phonesets as Voice Ports
- Modified properties of Voice Ports in the Voice Ports section in SCCS to add the Voice Port Channel info (1-5)

It's these ports that will not acquire. (Acquire Failed)

I've since rebooted both CP and SCCS in the proper order with no change.

Is there any sort of system log to maybe shed some light as to why the acquire is failing?

Here is the PRT of one of the TN's:

DES CPILOT
TN 020 0 08 00
TYPE 2008
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
FDN
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
SCPW
CLS TLD FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTD ADD HFD
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD MMA CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD FITD CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXA FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN

CPND_LANG ENG
HUNT
PLEV 02
SPID NONE
AST 00 01
IAPG 0
AACS YES
ACQ AS: TN,AST-DN,AST-POSID
ASID 17
SFNB 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 18 22 24
SFRB
USFB 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
CALB 0 1 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12
FCTB
ITNA NO
DGRP
PRI 01
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
DTMK
KEY 00 ACD 4001 0 6251
AGN
01 SCN 6275 1 MARP
CPND
NAME CALLPILOT PORT 1
XPLN 16
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 MSB
03 NRD
04 TRN
05 AO3
DATE 2 OCT 2009

Many thanks in advance if any assistance!!

I really should have asked this before. For the sake of my peace of mind -- can you go into the Services panel of the Symposium, and see that MAS Link Handler #2 is started?

If not, then scroll down and restart VSM. If MAS Link Handler IS started, then stop it, then restart VSM. Wait a minute, then see if you can acquire the ports.

Also, I am assuming you can ping between CallPilot and Symposium on the ELAN and CLAN. And I am assuming that (1) these ACCESS channels are in a completely separate ACD queue from other ports, (2) that 4001 is this ACD queue in SDN, marked as Symposium Voice Services.

[sandyml]
"...can you go into the Services panel of the Symposium, and see that MAS Link Handler #2 is started?"

I checked and it appears that this service is marked as "Disabled". Before I go ahead and enable this service, will there be any side effects doing so? Is this service required to utilize Access Ports?

[sandyml]
"Also, I am assuming you can ping between CallPilot and Symposium on the ELAN and CLAN. And I am assuming that (1) these ACCESS channels are in a completely separate ACD queue from other ports, (2) that 4001 is this ACD queue in SDN, marked as Symposium Voice Services."

Yes on all accounts.

FYI to all who are assisting, I will be out of town after COB tomorrow and won't return until early next week. Just to let you know that there may not be much feedback from my end for a bit.

Thanks much.

Yes, this service is absolutely required for ACCESS ports. So there's the problem, and I'm sorry for not asking sooner.

Let us know once you get back.

By the way, you may need to go through the reboot sequence on your Symposium and then CallPilot again. But first, after you set the service to Automatic, just scroll down and restart VSM (it will start MAS Link Handler in synch). Things might come up just fine.

And - no adverse effects.

*UPDATE*

I changed the MAS Link Handler #2 to Automatic and restarted the VSM service. Went into Symposium and tried to acquire the Voice Ports.....Acquire Failed

However, there was something different this time. Prior to doing this, I went into the PBX and manually deacquired the TN's. If you recall, if I tried to acquire in the past, Symposium would say it failed yet they show as acquired on the PBX. This time, with the service turned on, the TN's on the PBX no longer get acquired.

So what I think I'll do is schedule some down time to do the following:

Power down Symposium
Power down Call Pilot
INI the PBX
Power up Symposium
Power up Call Pilot

Stay tuned and thanks!

Last Friday evening I did as described above. Unfortunately, nothing changed. Symposium still grabs 17 and not 16. Even though I waited for Symposium to come up completely before I powered up CP. The access ports still won't acquire.

The only thing I wasn't too sure about was during the PBX INI procedure. We have 2 cores and after talking to a fellow phone person within the company, he was telling me that we only needed to INI the active core. Not knowing for sure which was the active core, I INIed the one that would display the time on the console every hour (CPU 1). Perhaps I should have INIed both?

Thanks!

Well,

First, the kicker is that an ini won't do the trick. For the applications to take a different elan, unfortunately, a sysload is needed.

Next, I don't think that's your problem. I have plenty of systems with CCMS/Symposium using 17 instead of 16. And using 18 or 19, for that matter.

You have gone through a lot of troubleshooting. As much as I hate to say it, it's time to go back to the beginning and re-examine everything. Start with your PARM in the PBX, make sure your settings are correct on MGCR, CSQI, CSQO.

Go to your CCM/Symposium. Doublecheck to be sure that in
Server Setup Configuration, you have the Voice Services tab set up with the CallPilot ELAN IP and that port 10008 is set. Make sure that you are not using port 10008 for anything else - Veritas will also use 10008 as a default, so if you are using that, you have a conflict and will need to change the Veritas port.

Make sure that your CallPilot ports are set for Symposium Voice Services, that the Channel IDs are on the same TNs that you have listed in your CCMS, and that CallPilot is set for the CLAN IP of your CCMS/Symposium.

You indicated that you have 4001 (the ACD queue for your ACCESS ports) configured as an SDN in CallPilot -- assuming it is set for Symposium Voice Services? Make sure it is in the Global settings in your CCMS.

In CallPilot, you should have an application for your ACCESS prompts (named file2, VoicePrompts, something similar)? How is that configured (this may be a little ahead of the game).

Let us know, good luck.

OK, I start over again when I have some additional time.

Thanks for checklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back