Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to access website on the outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

netbum

Technical User
Oct 2, 2002
US
When we try to go to this website I get the error message
“Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. “

I noticed when access the site the PAT address was being used.

If I assign myself a static public address it works o.k. or if the users happen to hit an address in the NAT pool it works as well.

Any suggestions?

Thank You,

I can get to that site okay. That's a good looking girl ;-)

Are you trying to access a web server on a LAN from within the LAN behind a pix?

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

Yes from the internal network behind the pix. One of our users family.

weird issue. all other sites (as far as we know) we can get to. If I go in front of the F/W or assign a static address for my inside address it works like it should.

Thanks,

There have always been issues connecting to internal servers my public IP address due to the way that routing works on the pix (or doesn't work). If you connect to the server via it's internal address does it work okay?

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

I see. No this site is not part of our network at all. It is just a site that one of our users goes to.

Thanks,

Found the issue on this. Our outbound PAT address was apparently being blocked at the website end. I changed the PAT address in our firewall to another of our public addresses and it is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back