Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to access Public Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

FNBIT

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2006
US
I hope somebody can help me with this problem. I have a client that has a SBS 2008 server. They migrated it from a SBS 2003 and everything has been working well for awhile. However they can no longer access the only public folder they have which contains contacts. They told me it worked fine for a little while but stopped working. They get this error message when they try to access it:

"Unable to display the folder. Network problems are preventing connection to the exchange server computer"

I verified that it is mounted. It is in a Second Storage Group.
I also check the permissions and it looks fine to me. user: default is set to (ReadItems, CreateItems, EditOwnedItems, DeleteOwnedItems, etc.)

I did some google searches and could not find anything helpful. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks 58sniper. I will take a look at that. I have just taken control of this network and cleaned up a lot of problems. I have not looked at this so I will check it out next week. I appreciate it.

Where do I find this? I remoted in but I am not sure what you are exactly referring to. Under "Server Configuration" it shows it listed under the tab "Database Management". It shows it as mounted and it's path. I would imagine if the path was incorrect here, it would not mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back