Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UMS Install - First one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotBomber

Vendor
Sep 3, 2008
US
Any gotcha! IMS was a bear. Does UMS have similar issues. If I want to go the IMAP client route is there anything special that I should be concerned about or does it not matter.

Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated.

It is easy
Only do not use a XP machine, you need a server !
Just read the vmpro install doc and you are fine

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

i second that, we only had a problem with one and a re install fixed it,

but easy to install and works well

nice. it looks easy to install. did you guys go with the IMAPI or the web client. Or mixed bag. I think this account will have a blend of both.

We alsmost had a mishap server was originally provisioned as xp then reinstalled as server 2003.

i have a mix of both, i think its a case of preference around half of the people who have it like the webpage, and around half have imap.

i like both

do you think it matters if i install ums on the machines joined to the domain but not attached to the domain (in our lab)?

or should i run it while onsite. i guess it really doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back