Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UM8100 port reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

W Stringer

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2024
US
Hello everyone.

I have a UM8100 with an SV8100 system. We have 16 voicemail ports. We also use ACD groups which are configured to use the voicemail ports. Our current phone vendor isn't sure why it was setup that way and neither of us want to reconfigure it given the age of the system.

For the last few months I have had random issues with voice mail ports getting stuck in a disconnecting state and then eventually error out. This is an older system so I keep spare parts for it. I have replaced the voicemail card, the RAM, and the compact flash card. None of that helped. Our phone vendor has checked the voicemail ports on the SV8100 and found no problems. We suspect it could be an issue on the phone company side but it's so random it has been difficult to track down.

The problem is not dire. We rarely have more than 6-8 ports in use at our busiest. The phone system seems to handle these stuck ports ok until we have 3 or more of them in that state. At that point we start having issues checking voicemail. The system answers and prompts for the passcode but will reject it. Meanwhile, the ACD groups continue to work, new voicemails can be left.

My solution thus far has been to either restart the entire voicemail system with putty or restart the messaging system from the web portal. Both have the intended affect, which is to reset the ports.

I'm trying to find a easier or quicker way to reset individual ports or even all of the ports from the command-line. Preferably something I can throw into a cron job and have run nightly. I appreciate any asistance.

Fairly certain you can use those ports for ACD prompts. Been a few minutes since I have done that with VRS being built in now.

Yes they do work with ACD. I'm not sure how but that part certainly is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back