Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UM8000 one box with multiple extensions? SV9300 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frav82

Technical User
Mar 21, 2005
US
Hi All,

It's been years since I've worked on a UM8000 voicemail with a SV9300. I have a main desk phone (47520) with their main line appearance one it (47835) and I'm looking for a way to notify the them whenever they get a new voicemail. If the voicemail box is setup for their main line (47835) is there a way that I can also make it the owner of their phone extension (47520) so they can receive message waiting notification?

Thank you have a good week!

Rob

Haven't worked on a UM8000 for quite sometime and do not recall, in the 9300 you can set 08>140 to 0 to light up a line appearance that has new voicemail, then add a line appearance of the extension on the phone set up a speed dial to dial the voicemail pilot number enter the mailbox number etc. The only thing with this is that it is system wide and with the line appearance lit up when there is a message it looks like the line is in use. There is another command 08>294 with makes the voicemail light flash as well.

Message waiting can be done with something like this.
Normally you set the message waiting notification to Extension. If you want to define another extension you put that number in the field and the message waiting lamp for mailbox 47835 shows up on 47520

If you want to have the lamp light on multiple phones you do something like this

<47835,47520>

If that specifically does not work it means my brain is forgetting the syntax that goes in the field but I think that is it.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Thank you 3racefan3 and DoubleDriveLine,

I eventually remembered that to send message waiting to a different extension all you have to do is enter that extension in the notification tab. However, I'm still not sure if I can make one voicemail box the owner of two or more extensions. On the UM8700 this is easy you just add the additional extensions as devices but on the UM8000 I don't even know if this can be done.

Thank you both for your help!

Rob

Yes you can. Look for extension remapping or number remapping

You will set Extension 1xxx = 2xxx and the call types. It works just like the UM8700

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Thank you DoubleDriveLine that's awesome! TGIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back