Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UM4730

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonL2

Technical User
Jan 22, 2013
US
One last issue I can't figure out - when ever a mailbox is accessed by the owner, after the "remember 1 for yes 2 for no" prompt it then says "enter 1 to leave a personal message for xyz (lets say thats the name for mailbox 100).
This happens on exsisting mailboxes, and on any new box thats built. If I do nothing, it repeats that once in about 10 sec or so, then in another 10 sec it times out and im in my mailbox, or I can immedeatly press * and go to my mailbox. I can find no reason in Mbox 100 that this is happening - Any ideas?

No answers just questions

What PBX is this connected to? What is the integration? How are you accessing the UM4730?

Is this a site where they made Transaction boxes for every mailbox to do extension dialing?

Is it always the same xyz person or is it different with each mailbox?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This is a SV9500 - The voicemail is on a virtual server with Lan integration. It is always the same xyz mailbox. I use the normal Sys Mgr when I log in (9696 box, and thats where I build new mailboxes. The XYZ box thats always being referenced is a regular subcriber box, but it is my AA box. Opening line id is a transaction box, but years ago whoever had the account gave that box a sec of silence for the greeting, then transfer the call to my xyz (subcriber) box to make it easier for the customer to record the greetings, etc. It doesnt seem to matter how I access the Vmail. If I'm onsite and dial the pilot, or if I'm offsite and dial the actual DID number of xyz, bypassing the opening line id and going staright to my AA, it does the same thing. I have not tried building a mailbox using a different sys magr (you just gave me that idea to try). For what its worth, I don't remember having this problem before we upgraded last year, when we had an SV8500 and a UN4730 on a physical Dell server.Hospitality package by the way. The database was converted by our vender when we upgraded, so it wasn't programmed new.

Over the last few years I have had a number of problems with the UM4730 and its database. Make sure your vendor has you on the latest release. If it is not have them upgrade it and see if it goes away.

Back in May of this year we upgraded a UM8700 and had to patch it a few months later because of a bug in the version it was upgraded to. The patch fixed the issue.

You just might have an issue you can't see or fix without the patch.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back