Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UM Key Mapping Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

J1121

MIS
Dec 12, 2002
US
When you create a new auto attendant in UM...I'm looking for an option to dump a caller straight into a voice mailbox to leave a message rather than transfer to a phone (even if the number has a real phone). Is that possible? So far all I've seen is the option to transfer to an extension, go to another auto attendant or timeout and do something after the timeout or play an audio file. We'd primarily use this option for something like a general mailbox for after hours calls that would be pointless to ring anywhere. I suppose it may be acceptable to let the call transfer to an ext that was only a virtual number in the phone system and have it dump right into that number's voice mail in UM. But that would still involve a few rings. Those of you familiar with Avaya Intuity AUDIX, basically I'm looking for the equivalent UM setting for the "Call-Answer" option for a certain ext in Intuity AUDIX. In an auto attendant on the Avaya Intuity system, the call-answer option (instead of using the "transfer" option) immediately dumps the caller to the mailbox of the ext you specify for that keypress.

By the way, I haven't tested it yet, but if you select Play Audio File as the action, what happens to the call after the audio file is played?....does it return to the main menu on the auto attendant?

Thanks

yes this is possible (if you haven't figured it out already). I just did this as a test and it functions just fine (even without creating custom prompts)

Create an AA that is associated with a # (similar to a number associated with a subscriber). Need to make sure the # is being sent as the called party ID in order for the AA to trigger. You can enable speech on this AA but I would also recommend creating a DTMF fallback AA.
I disabled:
- Allow the caller to transfer to users
- Allow calls to users within same dial plan
- Allow calls to extensions
No allowed rule groups

I enabled:
- Allow callers to send voice messages
- Allow transfer to operator during business hours
Callers can contact - Users within dial plan

With the speech-enabled AA you either say the name or dial in the extension number to connect to their voicemail box.

With the DTMF only AA you either spell the last name, spell their email alias (## to reach this), or dial their extension (# to reach this), to connect to their voicemail box.

Instead of having the caller input/say a name,number or email address could the AA be setup so that if the caller presses 1 they would be sent to a specific voice mail box? The idea is that they would be sent directly to this mailbox and not be transfered out to the associated phone extension first.

The question is could 1 be set up to go directly into a specific voice mail box. I would not want to transfer to out to an extension. Thank you for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back