Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UM 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

big70

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
NL
Did connect today 5.0 with a SIP trunk out of the communication manager directly to UM2007 and all works great.

Just to let you gus now it works out of the box nothing weard, only thing is to look what port UM is using.

But that you can see this with wireshark.
SIP Trunk is TCP, just follow this doc but you do not need the SES.

Greets Peter

Peter,

we are in the process of upgrading to exchange 2007. I am very interested in connecting our Prologix cm 2.x to the UM server. I have tested using asterisk 6.1 with sip tcp over h323 trunks. The configuration works, sometimes, but i need a more stable supported solution. I am currently having our Avaya rep quote what it would take to get me to cm 5.0 and have the options for sip trunks. So i guess my question to you is, does cm 5.0 natively support sip trunks or are you accomplishing this setup using a ses server? Thanks

In 5.0 it,s without the need of SES, so a direct trunk to UM.

Only one thing to do that,s to reset every day the UM-Service.
Because avaya uses port 5085 and Exchange use 5085,5086 and 5087 and change,s port every week.
With a scripting to reset um every night the port stay,s on 5085. For the rest it works really great.

Greets Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back