Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ULTRA ATA Storage Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrkat

Technical User
Feb 1, 2003
US
I just upgraded my motherboard and processor to a Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe with an AMD 2500XP.
Running WinXP (new install)

I have an Ultra 133TX2 PCI mass storage card installed. (from Promise Tech) The cards bios will load and detect the device connected prior to WinXP loading, but if I have a HDD attached to the card WinXP won't load.
If I remove the HDD windows will load.

This set-up work with my previous board and processor (Asus P2B-F w/ PIII and WinXP).

I have installed the latest Drivers and Bios for the Ultra-card. No new Bios for my motherboard.

Any suggestions on how I could still use my Ultra-card?

try another hard Drive hooked up to the promise controller, it maybe that Bios is set to Look for other bootdevices in which you should be able togo into bios under standard Cmos setup find the look for other boot devices and disable. Kinda in the fog here. but worth a try i guess

Yep, the BIOS is set to BOOT from SCSI or external IDE... either change this setting, or switch out the HDs...

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back