Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UK webhosting sites - any good ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHUK

Programmer
Nov 30, 2002
GB
Hi everyone

I am from the United Kingdom so was wondering if anyone could also recommend UK hosting sites?

I have looked at and this seems the cheapest so far for service and space, bandwidth etc. However if anyone has experience or bad experience of them please let me know. I have also looked at clara.net although they are a lot more expensive at over twice the price.

My site is mainly in basic html and php, with a tiny backend MySQL database. So the host would have to support PHP and mysql.

Thank you for any help on UK hosting sites. Much appreciated.

MHUK

Have a look at pickaweb.co.uk - I've hosted with them before without any glitches.

The 100mb plan offers 2 MySQL databases and supports php for just £10pm...

Great value!!

<-- My Company. Obviously better than everyone else out there. [wink]

There are actually a few people I host who use this forum, they might want to give some unbias comments on the service..

Hope this helps

Wullie

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

Hi

Thanks for your replies. I'll check both of them out. At first glance both seem very good.

Thank you.

MHUK

I've used Web Fusion without any major problems

If sunflower oil comes from sunflowers, and vegetable oil comes from vegetables, where does baby oil come from?

Hi,

I am one of the members of this forum that gets hosting from wullie. I have been getting hosting services since 2001 and wouldn't go anywhere else. The service is great, the support exceeds excellence (20 min. response time to emails) and one of the very few hosts that support ColdFusion MX.

Check them out:
NATE

mainframe.gif

Got a question? Search G O O G L E for links to the fastest answers: www.google.com

I as well recently signed up with freshlookhosting. I needed a host that supported coldfusion in a shared environment.

When I signed up I noticed that freshlook did not support msaccess databases, I spoke with wullie about it. Two days later I had the option in my control panel to choose either msaccess or sql datasources.

Can't beat that.

Good luck picking your host.

---------------------------------------------

I uses oneandone.co.uk and have had no problems at all. Would also add that their e-mail support is good. Also allow swift changes between site rates which was useful when I had to upgrade to business to use full ASP / SQL capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back