Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UK ISA modem with Rockwell RCVDL56ACFW/SP chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

endorfin

Vendor
Jan 22, 2004
GB
Hi,

I'm not sure if you are able to help with this, I'm in the UK & my problem concerns an ISA 56k voice modem with speaker with a Rockwell RCVDL56ACFW/SP chip. However it has a sticker saying ETAL Made in UK P3146 on one of the components. It also has a couple of ISSI chips on it.

It also has 8 dip switches...I cannot find any drivers for this modem nor am I able to find out the settings for the dip switches...I would be very grateful for any help you can offer me.

Did you find any ? I have the same problem

Cheers

Paul

I am also looking for a driver for this modem.

Did you find one?

Regards

Wiill

I have a similar modem. You could try the "lasat 560 v" driver:

or try doing a search for "quartz video capture" on google (including quotes) - that's how I found the driver for my modem:

I only have one problem now - firmware. Does anyone know if I can just flash generic firmware for the RCVDL56ACFW/SP onto this modem or will that break it?

I took a risk and flashed the card using Zoltrix V90 firmware. Luckily it paid off and I now have a proper modem.

Good luck.

I spent a lot of time with this one on an old computer! It has the same modem as "endorfin" (above) but none of the drivers worked, until I used the phone plug instead of the modem socket in the card to connect to the BT socket (suitable cable connector kindly supplied with my fUJITSU-SIEMENS computer ref:US/UK for some reason). I don't know why this works, but suspect is has something to do with the dip switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back