Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UK FeatureNet Analogue Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

12345kevin

Vendor
Feb 15, 2006
GB
We have a 3300 CXi that has recently had its analogue trunks converted from standard CO truks to FeatureNet lines. However since this has happened the lines randomly "lock up" with no pattern, could be hours, could be days. We have tried all the settings within the trunk descriptor, but to no avail. Any ideas for the settings would be appreciated ?

Hi Kevin,

I have had this problem with featureNet lines myself... the best option will be for you to run the Line Quality Measurement, this tool can be found within Maintenance and Diagnostics on the latest versions of software.

This should then give you and indication where the problem lies, you may also find that the palority of the lines might be wrong. how many lines do you have connected, if you have 3 and the problem is only with 2 then change the wires around on the lines.

Hope this is of some help

You may find that you have a problem with your timers, specifically your TBR and call clear timers – I had a similar issue with one of our customers. The fault cleared when Mitel wrote a patch which allowed me to play about with the timers. The problem is that the patch only works on the specific level used by this customer. And I have not seen anything in GA software as yet.

The easiest way to prove if this is the issue is to put a caller on hold on the featureline (NOT the 3300) then try and retrieve the call – if you can get the call back, you have a different problem – if you loose the call it could be the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back